"Sailed not as a seaman, but as a traveler..."

"Sailed not as a seaman, but as a traveler..."- Sir Thomas More's Utopia

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blogging at dusk, jogging at dawn.


Image: A fishing boat somewhere in the demilitarized zone of Subic, Philippines.

Again, I haven't posted in a while. The following are a few of the reasons why:

  • Someone plugged a 110V adapter into a 220V outlet, causing the modem to blow out. I want to say that it was liberating to be deprived of internet access, but it wasn't. It was mostly just annoying.
  • Had to fulfill the duties of a best man at a wedding. I had no idea what I was doing, plus, I had to give a little toast/speech in Tagalog. This took quite a few brain cells. Beautiful ceremony.
  • Scheming up a successful financial empire. Hopefully I will be a rich motherfucker soon and I can do whatever I want. Meaning, funding this insane, transient soul of mine. Also, cupcakes. Lots of cupcakes.
  • Selling cigarettes to children. Calm down, they buy them for their parents. I hope.
  • Trying to find a way to get to Singapore, which it turns out is pretty hard to do. At least for me. I blame island time. And rap.
  • Making ice which it turns out I also find pretty difficult to do.
  • Plucking duck feathers.
  • Training for a marathon, which is most likely killing my lungs with all this third world smog.
  • I recently discovered that I have relatives in Australia. Naturally, this spawned a few days of daydreaming of Sydney and Perth and all the marsupials in between.
  • Poaching iguana eggs. Poaching as in boiling in hot water, not illegally hunting. At least, I don't think it's illegal to hunt iguana eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment